To install this tracking, you can utilize click-tracking so that we can see how many clicks a particular graphic link or hyperlink received. We can do this by replacing the existing URL in the hyperlink with one that has an analytics tracker built-in! In order to get this tracking link, we generated new links for these pages using a URL builder so that Piwik will track every time it is engaged.
Piwik makes a tool for this available online.
- Copy the link out of the Graphic Links Module (or Page) and enter it into the URL builder
- Note: Make sure to use your custom domain, not the production domain.
- Navigate to Piwik URL builder
- Fill in required Step 1 fields
- Website URL: Required, add URL
- Campaign Name: Required, enter the campaign name
- Note: Keep Names and Campaign Keywords to one word only as spaces will be represented as "%20" and can cause tracking problems when converted into ASP links.
- Select Generate URL
- Copy and paste the generated URL into link field in Graphic Links or hyperlink manager
Note: Generating data and will display in your Piwik log in in the next 24 to 48 hours. This delay is due to data compilation.