Who can use this feature?
The Miscellaneous Tags field allows you to add metadata, scripts, or additional CSS styles to a page's Head section. Information in this field must conform to HTML standards. Miscellaneous Tags can help with search by telling SEO engines what the exact content of the pages is. Keywords help group together types of articles by important phrases.
Information added to this field can potentially cause page errors, including being unable to access editing functions. If you are unsure, please contact Support.
- Page tags are entered in HTML format, whereas keywords is simple text content
- Examples of useful/common tags include:
- <meta name="description" content="Free Web tutorials on HTML and CSS">
- <meta name="author" content="John Doe">
- Navigate to the desired page
- Ensure that Live Edit Is On
- Select the Versions tab at the top of the page
- Click Actions next to the version you want to add page tags to
- Select Options
- Add Miscellaneous Tags
- Note: Tags can be added here to provide specific data for this page, such as meta tags and/or OData tags. Commas are not required between tags.
- Example: <meta name="author" content="John Doe"><script>document.title = "My Page";</script>
- Click Save Changes
CommentsLet us know what was helpful or not helpful about the article.
Please sign in to leave a comment.