You can enable users to quickly find what they want to look for. This is a great way to ensure return visits from your citizens. On websites with many pages and several different authors, it is important to write consistently for your users. Consistency helps them view your website as a knowledgeable and trusted resource and promotes efficiency and increased navigational ability.
- Format page content and contact information
- Build mega menus and site navigation
- Compliance: ADA, Section 508, Web Content Accessibility Guidelines, Images and Text
- In-House Formatting Consistency: Images, Pages, Text
- In-House Formatting Navigation: Bucket Pages, Navigation, Site Maps
- In-House Formatting and Widget Consistency: Titles, Widgets
- Editing: Capitalization, Punctuation, Spacing
- Intuitively named
- Use title case and the ampersand symbol “&” in all category and field titles
- Larger sites with multiple categories can consistently use 2-level categories (example:
“Main Topic - Sub Topic” “Police - Safety Tips”)
CommentsLet us know what was helpful or not helpful about the article.
Please sign in to leave a comment.