Who can use this feature?
This article will show you how to set or modify a Group's Permissions for Pages and Site Tools. This area manages app-level permissions and governs which section(s) of the HCMS a user has access rights to.
For each Group, a list of all pages will be available, and you can expand pages to view subpages. You can also set page permissions on the front-end of your site on a page-by-page basis. View the Site Permissions Overview for more information.
- Updates to all permissions save automatically.
- Reader: View access only
- Author: Create and submit items for approval
- Publisher: Approve submitted items, create and publish items Permission levels:
- Owner: Approve submitted items; create, publish, and delete items
- Navigate to Site Tools > Site Permissions
- Ensure you are on the Groups tab
- Select the Group you want to set Permissions for
- Toggle On or Off System Admin at the top of the page to make the group a System Admin group
- On the Pages tab, assign a Permissions level
- Note: If the Reader tab appears greyed out and you are not able to check or un-check, that is because the page itself does not have Sign-In required or otherwise not password protected. Reader is always available to any page that is not password protected.
- On the Site Tools tab, toggle On or Off to enable access to the Site Tool
- On the Users tab, view the users within the group
CommentsLet us know what was helpful or not helpful about the article.
Please sign in to leave a comment.