Who can use this feature?
Facebook adds characters to string queries on posts. We have a workaround available to help get your redirects to work properly.
There are two properties that help work around this issue:
- Retain Query String: Controls whether query string parameters will be carried over to the From URL
- Match Query String: Controls whether the redirect will require the query string to match
- If the Link To has a URL with a Query String, do not enable Retain Query String.
- If a URL does not have a Query String, enable Retain Query String.
- Regardless of whether or not your URL has a Query String, always disable Match Query String.
- The Query String is the ?Command=Something; for example, .aspx?AMID=112
- Navigate to Site Tools > Redirects
- Select the Domain your redirect is in
- Select your redirect
- Under Additional Details, disable Retain Query String and disable Match Query String
- Note: If the Link To has a URL with a Query String, do not enable Retain Query String.
- Select Save Changes or Save and Make Active at the top of the page
- Add to Facebook as normal
CommentsLet us know what was helpful or not helpful about the article.
Please sign in to leave a comment.