Who can use this feature?
This article will show you how to create a Video Banner with the Link a Video option.
- This module may incur an additional cost, please contact your Client Success Manager for more information.
- We support links from OneDrive, but not from other vendors like YouTube or Vimeo. An error message will appear if the link is from a different source.
- The OneDrive link that OneDrive provides is an HTML page with the video embedded into the page, so the link is really an embedded video link and not a link to the OneDrive video itself. To obtain that link, you need to use View Source and grab the link from there and paste that into Theme Manager.
- Note: Even when you use the actual video link, the link seems to expire after a certain period of time and the video stops working after that, which is a security measure with OneDrive. CivicPlus cannot control this expiration.
- Navigate to Site Tools > Design Center
- Select Theme Manager
- Navigate to the layout you would like to add the video banner to
- Select the banner you wish to turn into a video banner
- Navigate to the Options tab
- Select Video for Mode
- Check the Mute Sound button if you do not want the video to play its audio
- Navigate to the Video tab
- Click Choose Image to select a Poster Image
- Note: A Poster Image will display if a browser/device does not support video play or your video file.
- Note: The first frame of the video will be used on devices that do not support video play. If you prefer a different image, you may choose one.
- Locate and select your Image Asset
- Click Link Selected Image
- Select other Video options
- Link: Click to indicate the video is a link
- Link Address: Add the URL
- Link to Video: Add alt text
- Select the X to exit the Banner Options window
- Click Save Changes
CommentsLet us know what was helpful or not helpful about the article.
Please sign in to leave a comment.