Who can use this feature?
The Event Widget Format is optimized for scheduled events that you can promote in an article.
The instructions to follow will be dependent on which User Interfaction (UI) is used.
- Click Try New UI
- Navigate to the page you wish to edit
- Click Content
- Locate and select your content
Drag-and-drop the content onto your page
- Click Widgets
- Expand the Widget Format menu and select Event
- Expand the Content Appearance menu and configure options
- Limit the size of descriptions: Limit the size of the content description
- Content Type: Select the type of content from the drop-down menu
- Slideshow Format
Show Labels: Check the box to show the labels for each section
- Click Save (blue disc icon)
- Navigate to your desired page
- Ensure that Live Edit Is On
- Select the checkboxes next to the Event assets
- Drag-and-drop applicable Event assets to your page
- Configure Content Options
- Widget Format: Ensure that it says Event
- Automatically select relevant content: Auto-populate your widget
- Widget Items: View assets currently within your widget
Limit Descriptions: Select to limit the size of the asset descriptions
Description Length: Enter a value in 'em' units
- Note: If blank, the default setting is used.
- Description Length: Enter a value in 'em' units
See More: Include a "See More" link below the item
- Note: Displays all content for a given item. The link will only appear if more content is available to view.
- Link Title to Item Details: Check to link the title to the item
Include a See More link below the item: Adds a link to see additional assets
- Customize Text: Customize the See More text
Open See More Link: Select how you want the See More link to open
- In a Page: Opens on the webpage
- In a Dialogue: Opens in a pop-up window
- Open in a Different Page: Opens the Event on a different page of the website
- Header: Create a header
- Monthly Calendar: Click to show a monthly calendar with events
- Columns: Select to auto-adjust columns and choose the number of columns to display
- Note: If the configuration is blank, the default configuration will be used. You may override the default by updating the configuration below. Select a content type and drag the content fields to your preferred sections within the widget. Empty widget sections will not be displayed.
- Content Types: Select a type
- Field Bank: View fields
- Event Format: View format
- Show Labels: Select which sections' fields will show a label beside them
- Advanced Options - Breakpoint: Width at which the widget will switch from narrow to a wide view
- Click Save at the top of the page