A Favicon is a small icon that appears to the left of your site address in the address bar of your browser. It is also utilized in mobile website shortcuts, Windows tiles, and Safari webpage shortcuts.
- If you would like us to create a favicon for you, and your CivicEngage website is currently live, please reach out to your Client Success Manager as there may be a cost associated.
- If you would like us to create a favicon and your CivicEngage website is still in the production phase, please reach out to your Project Manager.
- Only one favicon can be added to a website. A single website cannot have different favicons based on pages.
- PNG/JPG/SVG: Should be 260x260 pixels or more for optimal results.
- Navigate to Site Tools > Site Properties
- Scroll to the bottom and click Add Favicon
- Select Add Files
- Use the dropdown to select a Permission Set
- Select a Category
Drag and drop your file or click to Select Files
- Select the file on your computer and click Open
- Complete the fields
- Permission Set: Select the associated permission set
- Categories: Type a category name to search and select associated categories
- File Name: Enter the name of the Favicon
- Tags: Type a tag name to search for an existing tag, or press Enter to create the tag
- Metadata: Add a description of the file to assist the system in sorting the file in the HCMS
- Add Metadata: Click to add more rows for metadata
- Select a Save Option
- Save: Save without publishing
- Save and Change to Published: Save and publish the Favicon to your site
- Select a Scheduling and Notification Option
- Set to Published immediately: Publish the Favicon now
- Set to Published at a later date: Select a later time and date to publish the favicon to the site
Notify Your Users
- Do not send a notification: Do not notify your users of the change
- Send notification on publish date: Notify your users of the change on the date the favicon is published
- Select the uploaded image and click Link Selected Image
- Scroll up and click Save Changes