To avoid legal repercussions and to avoid Google Images on your site, we have a few alternative ways to use and find photos to use on your site.
- Always take your own pictures when possible to avoid paying for images and ensure that you own the copyrights.
- Buy Credits on Shutterstock or iStockPhoto or similar sites to be safe. You will have proof you own the copyrights if there are any discrepancies.
- Do a city, state search and you will find images for that City or county you are training. This works very well to find local images you can use. Once you find an image you want to potentially use, reach out to the photographer and mention to them you work with the city and would like to use their image with their permission on the city site.
- Find a photographer on Flickr.com and hire them to take professional photos for your site.
- All images and videos on Pixabay are released free of copyrights under Creative Commons CC0. You may download, modify, distribute, and use them royalty free for anything you like, even in commercial applications. Attribution is not required.
- Note: Selection is relatively limited.
CommentsLet us know what was helpful or not helpful about the article.
Please sign in to leave a comment.